The CTI’s flagship program is the Market Incubator Program (MIP), a marketing and packaging forum for long-running series projects that offers selected Caribbean and Diaspora producers an opportunity to hone their creative and business skills in the context of an international marketplace environment.
The MIP includes five (5) weeks of online training, and one (1) week of intensive workshops in Toronto. It culminates in the ‘Big Pitch’ that takes place at the TIFF Bell Lightbox during the Toronto International Film Festival, bringing together international industry delegates to vote on the best projects.
Winners of the Big Pitch graduate to the 9-month CTI Production Support Program (PSP) that takes projects from pitch to production.
The program includes specialized sessions led by international film professionals and consultants, and provides the following opportunities:
- 5 weeks of intensive online market preparation
- 1 week of workshops in Toronto
- Networking opportunities and guided integration during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
- The Exclusive CTI: The Big Pitch! A pitching session with industry professionals participating TIFF
- Pitch winners will have their projects supported through the CTI Production Support Program (PSP)
- Selected PSP projects will be chosen to participate in FLOW’s Pilot Production Program (PPP) to receive funding towards their pilot.
It was a life-changing experience for me. I think differently, I understand the industry and I am not lost anymore. I feel like the hero with a thousand faces of the Joseph Campbell’s Monomyth. Through the CaribbeanTales Incubator, I descended into Hell and I am now a reborn creator with a clear vision and the right tools for success.
The Incubator programme took me out of my comfort zone to face the challenge of self and then to embrace the journey with other talented individuals. In addition the Mentors gave their time and wisdom to challenge and enhance us all which combined to make this an unforgettable moment in time.
The feedback given has been extremely helpful but as also been motivation to keep moving forward in my career. The excellent choice of helpful mentors and the feedback from the professionals after my pitch was much needed. I was especially grateful for the feedback given on my script by the story editor- script writing can be such a solitary process – her professional feedback was a gift. I hope the program continues to move forward from strength to strength