The CTI’s flagship program is the Market Incubator Program (MIP), a marketing and packaging forum for long-running series projects that offers selected Caribbean and Diaspora producers an opportunity to hone their creative and business skills in the context of an international marketplace environment.
The MIP includes five (5) weeks of online training, and one (1) week of intensive workshops in Toronto. It culminates in the ‘Big Pitch’ that takes place at the TIFF Bell Lightbox during the Toronto International Film Festival, bringing together international industry delegates to vote on the best projects.
Winners of the Big Pitch graduate to the 9-month CTI Production Support Program (PSP) that takes projects from pitch to production.
The program includes specialized sessions led by international film professionals and consultants, and provides the following opportunities:
- 5 weeks of intensive online market preparation
- 1 week of workshops in Toronto
- Networking opportunities and guided integration during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
- The Exclusive CTI: The Big Pitch! A pitching session with industry professionals participating TIFF
- Pitch winners will have their projects supported through the CTI Production Support Program (PSP)
- Selected PSP projects will be chosen to participate in FLOW’s Pilot Production Program (PPP) to receive funding towards their pilot.
There was a sense of camaraderie that we experienced near the end of the workshops when we really started to help each other out with tips and moral support before and after the Big Pitch.
The whole process made us also connect with old and new filmmakers and contacts back at home and revived a project we wanted to do for a long time.
The feedback given has been extremely helpful but as also been motivation to keep moving forward in my career. The excellent choice of helpful mentors and the feedback from the professionals after my pitch was much needed. I was especially grateful for the feedback given on my script by the story editor- script writing can be such a solitary process – her professional feedback was a gift. I hope the program continues to move forward from strength to strength
Regardless of your level of expertise, the workshops are an excellent venue to hone your craft. The mentors really push you to go further so to get those pitches as concise and catchy as possible. It helps to get ideas and comments from other people which serve as a springboard to actual pitches.